hahah this is hilarious, this image was forwarded to me via e-mail. Enjoy! Click to enlarge image!
Posts Tagged ‘Football’
Xbox 360 & PS3
- In this years Madden EA has added a new “Adaptive Difficulty Engine” which will change the AI’s strengths depending on the player’s skills. The game’s tag line is “The first sports game that adapts to you“. Players will be able to determine their skill in a holographic environment with the help of John Madden.
- Backtrack will show the user their error after a bad play such as a failed 4th down conversion or an interception. The computer will be able to show the player his/her mistake while the user will be able to re-do the play with EA Sports Rewind. Backtrack and Rewind will not be available during online play.
- The play calling window has been replaced with a picture in picture interface where the player will be able to access up to the minute information.
- EA has updated last years Total Control Animation System by adding in new animations, feet planting, the ability to return short field goals and more.
- This is the first year that a Madden game will feature true online leagues with 32 human players. Drafts, trades and a full playoff system will be in place.
- Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond will be replacing the Radio Broadcaster.
- Players will be able to celebrate TD’s
- Madden Moments will let the players re-live the highlights of the 2007 NFL season. This will be much like the Super Star Challenges of last years Madden for the PSP.
- Stadium, weather, player and grass graphics have all be improved.
- A handicap feature has been implemented in multiplayer games. This allows two players playing against eachother choose different difficulty settings.
- This year the game will be called Madden 09 All-play thanks to a new button scheme that lets the player control the action with only 1 button
- A new playbook will make it easier for new players to jump into the game as will the ability to create a passing play on the fly. Simply point the Wii mote to a spot on the field and the WR will run to it.
Wii play calling screen
- A celebration system much like the one on the 360 and PS3 will be put into place.
- New 5 v. 5 mode
- 8 player wireless mode, Wi-fi enabled, single card play available.
- DS exclusive mini-games.
Receiver Icons in Madden 09 on the PSP
- EA Sports Rookie mode lets players play the game using only 1 button.
- Receiver Icons let the players know which wide receivers are open.
- New coach tips and easy to use playbooks are aimed to help new players.
- Points based Franchise mode lets you earn points by drafting high profile players, winning games and making stars out of no-name players.
- Fantasy Challenge: A tier based mode where the player must complete each league and beat its champ to move onto the next round.
- SuperSim lets you sim 1 play, 1 quarter, 1 half or the full game.
- QB Avoidance Stick – Lets your QB get out of pressure in the pocket.
Well, another great time of the year is upon us. Football season is weeks away, and the rumors start flying all around. Fantasy football gets kicked into high gear with research upon research of stats, players, teams, thougts, etc. etc. I found a website today here, that lists the project team rankings as well as screen shots of the teams roster pages. Found below you will find the rankings if you would like to stay here(I encourage), provide some insight on how you feel the teams were ranked and so on. Rankings are as follows:
Is it any surprise that New England is on top? It looks like a pretty accurate stance on ratings to me. However I feel that the Jet’s with the stronger line they have brought in this year, should have a few points higher, but oh well ya give and take. Well, it’s a small update to the site, but it provides some nice incite to the series that all sports gamers oogle over.
So today I am pretty bored. Usually Monday’s start off with a bang, but here at the office nothing out of the ordinary has happened. We had one customer integration problem, but other than that, all I had to do was send it to our CMS database company and they work on it.
Sports are in a Lul moment, but I can safely say only 7 more weeks till vacation AND Steeler’s training camp. I can’t freaking wait to go watch them(thats the glory of being a resident of Greensburg I guess haha)! Other than that, the Celtics/Lakers series is turning out to be a pretty straight forward go around. I’m rooting for the Celtics. I love Coach Jackson, but when he went to the Lakers I felt he sold out. I remember back when, the last championship Jackson won with the Bulls he said he was done….then the money pulled him right back. I say more power to him, but it just comes off as a great way to join a stacked team with Kobe and Shaq to just gain some more rings. Oh well, I’ll die with my tin-foil hate theorys hahaha. Go Celtics! I just want KG and Pierce to get a title, with what both of them have been through on mediocre teams and all, I hope they pull it off.
Hockey season is over and it ended on a stale note with the Pens, oh well maybe next year. But, with what Hossa said earlier this week about signing for less, I really hope it comes through! Although were gonna lose many decent players, maybe we can keep Sid and Hossa togethor for a few years.
Ok well other than that, I got nothing. I hope everything is going smooth for the people that read my stuff out there. Have fun and enjoy that weather.
P.S. Gas prices piss me off!
Ok, so I’ve been pondering the fact of adding forums for awhile, simply to try and stop the boredum of a day. I wanted some place I could go, that has a little something for everything. But, most of all I wanted to control it and be that awesome admin, most places don’t have. I’m making this a democracy and taking the info and input that I get from the users and making adjustments to what they see fit.
The forums that I have added are mostly entertainment forums, but I have sports/politics/religion. I created it yesterday so I am still smoothing things out. Now my mission is to get users. I want it to be alive with information/etc. I want it to be a place that you can go to and learn about each other, life, media, all things entertainment.
But, I can’t do this without a few good people, and maybe two or three global administrators. So please, I am asking, if your willing to help, sign up and let me know. If you want to talk….please come! Save my day. Save your day, and maybe we can get through work a little easier 🙂
You can get to the link here
Man, I still can’t believe Myron Cope has passed away today. I remember my dad listening to him during games with the sound off saying “Phil Simms is the worst announcer I have ever heard, put on the radio and lets listen to Cope.” I can safely say at the time, I always thought it was ridiculous because my brother and I would get yelled at for leaving a light on. But for two to three hours on a Sunday, he would have both the T.V. and the old radio, blasting at the same time.
I guess you could say, more or less, that I now understand what he brought to the Steeler’s and how it changed Sunday and made it better for us fans. Nobody wants to listen to the announcers on T.V. if your a Steeler’s fan, because mostly it seems that if every game, they are always against us, and never point out anything good. It’s always so negative. I to this day still turn DVE on because honest to god, I can’t stand Phill Simms and Troy Aikmen, when either of them are announcing, I instinctively turn that radio on.
I guess, you can consider it a game day tradition, that my father instilled in me because he loved hearing Cope and the gang actually represent the Steeler’s and not negative talk for the most part(only when they had boneheaded plays.) A tradition that Myron Cope played a part in. A tradition that made Steeler football games that much better. A tradition that will continue even without the legend himself. Not because I or any other fan wants it to, but because it was his time to watch the football games from the sky. R.I.P. Myron Cope 1929-2008.
Sites for Myron:
Pittsburghers, Steelers Nation Remember Cope